Our History, so far...
• In 2015 we Built a brand new Concrete Reversing Area to DVSA specifications including the exact road markings used by the driving examiner to set out the test reverse manouvre. This has created a practice area the same as the driving test site to better prepare candidates for test.
• In 2014 we bought 3 Brand New Volvo trucks to replace all our trucks with manual gearboxes as the rules changed in April the same year, allowing for drivers to pass on an automatic truck BUT STILL GAIN ENTITTLEMENT TO DRIVE A TRUCK WITH A MANUAL GEARBOX.
• In 2008 we began designing our own Driver CPC courses so that we would be independent in courses that we offer, not tied to any 3rd party provider. Today we have 10 different 7 hour courses that we can offer our customers.
• In 2005 we built a separate 1,200ft sq industrial building in our yard at Hessay specifically for Lift Truck Training, fully insulated and with everything needed to provide training away from distractions.
• In 2001 we built a new 3,000ft sq warehouse building at our own site in Hessay including office and classroom space to offer lift truck training and have improved office facilities & a comfortable classroom to seat 15 drivers.
This Picture shows our vehicles and the new building back in 2003
• In 2000 we moved to Hessay, just outside York.
• In 1997 we became accredited by the RTITB to provide Operator Lift Truck Training, both on customer sites and at our centre, at that time in Tockwith.
• In 1989 we bought our first Brand New Volvo Truck, it was unheard of at the time for driving school to buy anything other than an old tired ex-haulage truck. Since then we have bought many more New Volvo's.
• The company was established in 1971 on Marston Moor Airfield, otherwise known as Tockwith Airfield.
Tockwith Training provide driver and operator training on a wide range of vehicles and lifting equipment types across all UK
industry sectors. We always work with the leading associations
and accrediting bodies to ensure all our courses comply with the
latest HSE legislation and industry best practice.
Training we provide is focused & designed around YOU,
the customer, every decision we take is based on how it will
affect our customers. We believe this is what makes us different
from our competitors.
|We have invested almost £1.3 million in our facilities
since 2001, which demonstrates our committment to YOU, the most important element of
This picture from 2015 shows one of our new Volvo trucks making its way out on road with a customer.
This picture from 1997 shows the snowy day we picked up one of brand new Volvo Trucks.
This picture shows the warehouse being built in 2001, Michael Moore Managing Director in the green shirt is attaching the base bolts.
This picture shows yet another Volvo, this time a rather rare FS7, bought from new by us in 1994.