Scissor Lift Access Platform
Download Course Information
What is a Scissor Lift?
Answer: The electric- or gas-powered platform that is mounted on folding arms is used to provide elevated work areas or to help raise or lower unit loads. The objective is to access difficult-to-reach areas in order to perform whatever work is required. Scissor lifts provide a mobile means of reaching areas that are very high.
- Scissor Lift Operator Novice - 2 days
- Scissor Lift Operator Existing - 1.5 days
- Scissor Lift Operator Conversion - 1 day
- Scissor Lift Operator Refresher - 1 day
Which Course is right for you, view Which Skill Level Are You?
How to book
To book training at our centre or on your site contact us by email or phone on 01904 737049
We can offer this training course at our centre in York or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely 'online'.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas or Electric
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the machine
- Manoeuvring the Access Platform open and confined areas
- Operating at different levels
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Access Platform training course
Letters of Thanks from customers.
WOW! Greatly impressed with the friendly and competent approach from Tockwith Training. I gained my RTITB Counterbalance refresher course in less than 5 hours. Steve Telford was very professional and made me feel at ease within minutes of starting the course. I will be back to get my Reach Conversion very soon.
Thanks again. Dave D Slee
Dave D Slee, 27th March 2015.
More Letters, from the past 40+years
Passed with Tockwith Training?
Tell us your experience and we will add to our Letters Page
The different lift truck types are very complicated, we are always happy to help and explain the regulations.
Give us a call today 01904 737049
or email email@example.com