What is a Mobile Elevating Work Platform (MEWP)?
Answer: The electric or gas-powered platform that is mounted on folding arms is used to provide elevated work areas or to help raise or lower unit loads. The objective is to access difficult-to-reach areas in order to perform whatever work is required. MEWPs provide a mobile means of reaching areas that are very high.
- MEWP Novice – 1 day up to 3 people
- MEWP Existing – 1 day up to 3 people
- MEWP Conversion – 1 day up to 3 people
- MEWP Refresher – 1 day up to 3 people
How to book
We can offer this training course at our centre in York or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely ‘online’.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Gas or Electric
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the machine
- Manoeuvring the Access Platform open and confined areas
- Operating at different levels
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Access Platform training course
- Pre-use inspection