What is a Lorry Mounted Lift Truck, known as a Moffett Mounty after the company that invented the machine type?
Answer: Basically it’s a forklift thats mounts onto the back of a HGV Truck or Trailer so that wherever the vehicles travels to, the driver will have brought his/her own forklift to assist with loading and unloading of the vehicle.
Duration is between 1-5 days dependant on trainee/instructor ratio and experience.
How to book
We can offer this training course at our centre in York or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely ‘online’.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of the VML
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the VML
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the VML
- Mounting / de-mounting of the VML
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course
- Pre-use inspection