What is a Reach Lift Truck?
Answer: the operator sits to one side of the machine and travelling forwards takes you to the right and backwards to your left in the drivers seat, the fork carriage reaches forwards to collect loads – hence the name a reach truck.
Duration is between 1-5 days dependant on trainee/instructor ratio and experience.
How to book
We can offer this training course at our centre in York or on your premises subject to suitable facilities for training purposes.
This course is RTITB approved for your peace of mind that you are covered under the HSE regulations HSG6 and Approved Code of Practice L117. Records are kept by ourselves for 10 years and the National Operator Registration Scheme will keep your data safely ‘online’.
- Responsibilities under the Health & Safety at Work Act, 1974, PUWER 98 & LOLER 98
- Operators Safety code
- Re-fuelling and Re-charging of Electric Reach Forklift truck
- Pre-use checks
- Factors affecting stability
- Motive and hydraulic controls of the Reach Truck
- Manoeuvring the Forklift Truck in open and confined areas
- Stacking at different levels
- De-stacking with laden and un-laden pallets
- Loading and unloading lorries with the Reach Truck
- Theoretical assessment of 5 open and 20 multiple choice questions, which can be conducted orally where language barriers or literacy difficulties exist.
- Practical Test of basic operating skills, confirming skills taught on the Forklift training course